Now and Gen

The adventures of Genevieve Claudia. It's the Little-G against the world - winner takes all!

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Give me a 'G'... hang on, I can't spell yet!


Genevieve had a big weekend, but apart from her weekly swimming class (in her new bathers, as pictured) it was mainly in support of Mummy and Daddy.

Our triathlon series commenced this morning, so yesterday we headed down to StKilda to pick up our kit for the series.

Then, this morning we were out the door at 6:10am to get to StKilda and set up for the Tri. Nanna came along too, which made life a lot easier. I'm doing the same 'Fun Tri' series we've done the last two years, so my first race was a 150m swim, a 5km bike ride and a 1.5km run. Genevieve, Nanna and Mummy were there to wave me on at the swim transition. It was going well until the run when I started getting some knee pain and had to walk for about half of it. But I managed to run up the finish race past waving Genevieve.
So, I beat my mates in, so that's the main thing.

Then it was Naomi's turn. We had decided that one of us would have to step up to the next level, the 'Sprint Tri' series, which for this race was 500m swim, 20km cycle and 5km run. Initially, I was going to do it, but for a variety of reasons (so I could compete with my mates, so Naomi could increase her exercise as I already ride my bike 20km each day to/from work) it was Naomi doing the long haul. We were both very impressed with her efforts. As was Genevieve, waving on for her Mummy's swim transition, then getting a feed and sleeping for the rest of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home