Now and Gen

The adventures of Genevieve Claudia. It's the Little-G against the world - winner takes all!

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Walkies

I'm trying (and generally succeeding) in getting out for a walk each day. I'm doing it for quite a few reasons. It gets Genevieve and I out of the house. We both get some fresh air. And finally, to build my fitness back up and to aid in the recovery from the pregnancy and birth.

One of the main treks that we do is along the Maribyrnong River - it's only 5 minutes walk from home and as you can see, it has a nice path alongside the river. Because I'm still not allowed to drive, I sometimes combine my walk with a trip to run errands or buy the essentials from the local supermarket/bakery/greengrocer/appropriate shop.

I've slowly been building how far I've been walking. Initially, I was only making it to the river and back, which is a round trip of about 2 kms. Now, I can do about 6kms. Slowly getting there... although I have a long way to go to get back to my pre-pregnancy fitness, I'm hoping to build up to be able to run in the Mother's Day Classic charity run in May.

Watch the video


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home