Now and Gen

The adventures of Genevieve Claudia. It's the Little-G against the world - winner takes all!

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Not to be outdone...


Now that Naomi has finished her boot camp for the year, it was up to me to show that I could mix it in the exercise stakes, with the next of our Triathlon series.

But of course, I'm only doing the 'fun' series, (this time, 200m swim, 8km bike and 2 km run) and Nai is doing the 'sprint' series (500m/20km/5km) so I guess that counts me out again. I went pretty well - my knee held out longer but it still forced me to walk some of it. (But again, I beat my mates so that's the main thing.) It's just as well I can swim pretty well and the daily ride to work is transferable onto my road bike, which does get along a lot faster than my daily ride.

Genevieve was very good, although it was a pretty hot day so she didn't really want to go for a snooze in her stroller. However once she did she stayed asleep for quite a while - most of Nai's race in fact.

By the time Nai got to her run leg, it would've been early to mid thirties so she ended up walking a lot of it - probably a good idea as there were many people being treated by officials and medical staff for overdoing it in the heat.

Genevieve was happy though - lapping up all of the attention and catching all the sights, as she waited for her mummy to come in.

Afterwards, Nai took her in for a quick dip, to cool them both down, before heading home to air-conditioned comfort.













Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home